Who's Online

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderFinally time to Move by Shelias769 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderUpdate 16 Coming Soon! by Bellswith935 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderProducers letter by Bellswith1047 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderHappy Holidays! by Shelias1058 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderU15 is Live by Lemluyen1111 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderUpdate 15 Release Date by Lemluyen1117 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dark Legacy Forum Index -> Strategy Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemluyen
Successor

Awarded:

re: OD Poison Challenge Mode Info

This post is just going to list various bits of useful info and a few suggested options for the challenge modes based on preliminary research.

Feel free to post suggestions/comments or links to additional resources.

Poison:

General - A common component of the strategy here is to have the capt heal mark up, and either 2 burg +10% dmg or a burg and capt debuff/mark on the boss. This increases the amount of healing that everyone receives based on higher damage output. (bounus: as your dot tiers up, so does your dps...). Healers and/or low dps will need to be on the platforms most of the time.

Supposedly the ghost add spawns at 10% increments of the boss health (90%, 80%, etc...).

Captains - Trait Leader of Men line (possibly for the whole raid). Giving your entire fellowship the bonuses to attack speed/incoming healing with shieldbrother is extremely useful. Also, something I learned, when using IHW:LS (in harms way : last stand) you should also use Time of Need so you can hit War Cry for extra dps (or rally if necessary).

Suggested Capt Traits:
-Leader of Men Capstone
-Captain of War (-5% War Cry Attack-duration)
-Tactical Prowess (+5s To Arms Duration)
-Defiance (Last Stand improved)
-Intimidation (+threat from 2 skills)
-Blood of Numenor (rez improved)
Two of the following Blues:
-(required)Now for Wrath (rally cry heals power also)
-(highly suggested)whichever improves Inspire melee skill heal
-Strength from Within (Muster Courage Heal)
-Captains Hope (moral banner improved)

Tanking - A number of people mention using a single tank and just letting the dot tier up to max (10). Would need to maximize all melee and acid mitigations for this. Also, they say dedicate an RK healer and having minis focus on groups. Maximizing tank DPS will also be useful with the healing return from the capt mark.

Boulder Throw Attack:
The requirements for the boss to target someone for this attack include:
1) target cannot be on a platform,
2) target must be >20m away.
3) This skill is on a 30s timer.

There are two potential ways to deal with this.

1 - Have the two hunters assigned to the back two platforms. Everyone else clears only on the front two. The boss is tanked between the front two. This makes it so no one should ever be eligible to be targeted for the rock.

2 - PREFERRED. Keep one person, Likely High DPS hunter outside the 20m range directly between 2 platforms (to avoid hitting anyone on a platform with the aoe knockback). Everyone else must be in range (or maybe its whoever is furthest, unsure atm). This way the hunter will be the only one getting the boulder.

It has been said that the roots spawn right after the boulder toss skill.

So if/when the hunter bait needs to clear their dot, They can go after a boulder and the follow up root.

Last edited by Lemluyen on 2011/06/28 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
wano
Retired Member

re: poison video

Here is a link to a youtube video I came across. Is this the positioning that we wish for? I know the class make up is different than what we go with, but not all that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5DcxowXrM

might have to cut and paste to view.

I did not see any rock throwing, but i might have missed it.

Chak

After the below comment, more like this then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR6njupwmm4

Last edited by wano on 2011/06/25 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lemluyen
Successor

Awarded:

re: OD Poison Challenge Mode Info

I had originally planned to use the hunter bait method for the boulder.

I have seen that video, and it does seem like a very smooth method. We will probably try to run with that positioning at least a few times.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dark Legacy Forum Index -> Strategy Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: